Technical Rescue Academy
RavenRSM & Strathcona Park Lodge
Are you an emergency responder with a rescue mandate? We are at the forefront of technical rescue training. Our curriculum is NFPA compliant and recognized worldwide.
On the shores of Upper Campbell Lake Strathcona Park Lodge offers the perfect place to hone your rescue skills
3 meals a day are served from the “Whale Room” with high energy foods to keep you going in the outdoors.
Technical Rescue Academy
Our Technical Rescue Academy brings together a series of courses – taught by top instructors – specifically designed for fire fighters, search & rescue volunteers, and industrial ERT personnel. Whether you are hoping to gain employment in the emergency response field, or you’re a seasoned veteran – you’re sure to find a course that will expand your operational range.
What’s the deal?
This year’s academy is an all-in event hosted at Strathcona Park Lodge. SPL’s off the grid wilderness retreat and multi-sport haven boasts 160-acres of secluded waterfront, beaches, hiking trails and activity-based infrastructure, all nestled on the shores of Upper Campbell Lake. River training days will take place in Campbell River or Gold River (30 minutes from lodge). Rope days will take place on-site at one of three bluffs, all within 15 minutes walking distance of the Lodge.
Which courses are included in the Academy?
Training you’ll remember when it counts!
No matter how challenging an environment is, our courses in rescue, safety, and medical, are designed to give you the control and confidence to confront any given situation.
Technical Rescue Academy Course Details
11 days of training, with 1 day off (12 days total)
Classroom and field
Minimum 8. Maximum 10.
- 18+ years of age
- In good physical condition
- Strong swimming ability
- 11 days of training: SRT1, SRTA-Water, TRR Ops, TRR Tech
- PFD, helmet and harness
- 12 nights of accommodations at SPL (Oct 21-Nov 2)
- Meals at SPL (breakfast Oct 22-lunch Nov 2)
- Raven swag bundle (T-shirt, trucker’s hat and buff)
- Course texts (see “Takeaways & Documentation”)
- Drysuit rental is not included. See “Required Equipment”
- Transportation to and from river sites is not included
- Required Equipment
Required gear that is included in your course fee
- Full body harness (Type III or V)
- Rescue helmet
- Water helmet
- Personal flotation device (Type III or V)
Other required rope gear
- Sturdy boots (tactical boots or hiking boots are fine, steel toes not required)
- Pants made of durable material
- Gloves with leather palms (work gloves are fine)
Other required water gear
- Drysuit or wetsuit*
- Neoprene gloves
- Neoprene footwear with good walking soles, wading boots, or running shoes
- Flashlight or headlamp
- 3-4 cyalume “light sticks”
- Layers of wool or fleece clothing for under the drysuit/wetsuit, including sweater, pants and socks
*Book before August 30th, and your drysuit rental will be included for free! Use discount code EARLYBIRD to get this $288 value.
After August 30th, a drysuit rental cost of $288 will be applied to all drysuit rental requests.
- Takeaways & Documentation
- Swiftwater Field Guide
- Rope Field Guide
- Personalized skill sheets signed by the instructor
- Registration of training record in Rescue 3’s international database
- Wallet card with personal Rescue 3 registration number
- Certificate of completion
- Rescue 3 ID card
How do I book?
Click the button below or give us a call toll free at (800) 880-0287