This two-in-one kit allows personnel to access surface ice in a safe manner, or perform rescues.
One team member can be sent out wearing an improvised webbing harness, while their shore-based co-worker manages them with the tether kit. The team member on the ice can perform occasional tests with their ice screw, allowing the shore-based member to follow as the conditions are deemed safe.
Wearing an improvised webbing harness, travel along your hollow braid tether line via your Petzl Rescuecender. Secure your patient with the reach sling. The gear included in this kit enables the shore-based team member to build a 3:1 system to assist in hauling the patient.
• 1 Five metre length of webbing
• 1 Atlas Outfitters Reach N’ Sling
• 1 Petzl Rescuecender
• 2 Petzl Mini Pulleys
• 1 22 cm Black Diamond Ice Screw
• 3 Black Diamond Hotwire wire gate carabiners
• Raven Rescue Ice Tether Kit (contains 150 ft of hollow braid rope, with pre-installed ice rescue connection points)