Our Variable Anchor Strap differs significantly in design and performance from other adjustable anchor straps. By using an additional length of web, it can handle a higher load before slipping. It adjusts from 91 cm (3 ft) to 213 cm (7 ft). The D-ring on one end is larger so the other end can pass through, allowing the strap to be rigged in a Choker (Girth Hitch) Configuration and still be adjusted. The high strength, quick adjustability, and variable length make this strap a jack of all trades.
The SL Variable Anchor Strap is constructed from a single layer of latex-coated polyester webbing that is easy to pack, carry, and deploy. Compared to nylon, the polyester webbing is more resistant to UV and water, and has less elongation. The webbing also stands out due to its bright red color, selected for high visibility, and its contrasting gray stitching, which aids inspection. The SL Variable Anchor Strap is classified to NFPA General Use for Basket (U), Choker (Girth Hitch) and End-to-End, providing a high breaking strength to withstand heavy loads on the system. It’s steel adjuster buckle meets the strength specifications stated below without needing to tie a back-up overhand knot.
Supple and pliable, the SL Variable Anchor Strap bends easily around structures and feeds smoothly through metal grating. It combines NFPA General Use strength with a compact, smooth-handling design that excels in challenging conditions. Consider pairing this strap with CMC’s Anchor Sleeves and Edge Guards for increased versatility, durability, and lifetime performance.
Note: We recommend using a Delta Quick Link connector (part #382121) to prevent possible tri-axial loading of a carabiner when used in a basket configuration.
• Variable length strap that adjusts from 3ft to 7ft, increasing versatility
• Quickly and easily set the desired length, even while strap is rigged
• Additional length of webbing withstands high load before slipping
• Steel adjuster buckle maintains strength specifications without back-up knot
• Steel D-Rings sized to pass through one another for easy Choker (Girth Hitch)
• Compact and smooth-handling – easy to pack, carry, and deploy
• Proof-loaded steel hardware and weather-resistant polyester webbing
• Polyester is more resistant to UV and water, and has less elongation than nylon
• Supple and pliable – bends easily around structures and metal grating
• Bright red for high visibility with contrasting gray stitching to aid inspection
• Combines with anchor sleeves and edge guards to add versatility & durability
• Classified to NFPA General Use for Basket (U), Choker (Girth Hitch) and End-to-End
• Made in the USA
Basket (U) Configuration: 61 kN (13,713 lbf)
Choker (Girth Hitch) Configuration: 31.2 kN (7,014 lbf)
End-to-End Configuration: 22.5 kN (5,058 lbf)