The ATOM™ Series, our most comfortable harness line ever developed, is the culmination of stripping harness design down to the basics and re-imagining a performance-enhancing tool for rescue and rope access. CMC has incorporated years of feedback from experts who spend long hours in a harness. In addition, the ATOM harness went through rigorous field-testing, resulting in a harness design that improves safety, comfort and workflow efficiency in all the ways you can’t see, but feel.
Every detail in the ATOM Access Harness has been thoughtfully designed for the rope access professional. From the structure and attachment points to buckles, gear and accessory loops and other features, the ATOM delivers maximum comfort, workflow efficiency and durability in a lightweight and low-profile harness system.
ATOM Harness Line:
• Improved architecture molds to the user for a lightweight, low-profile fit.
• Ergonomic design for maximum comfort and support:
o Padding constructed from dual density foam, laminated to optimize load distribution and apply the right amount of support only where needed.
o Waist and leg pads are constructed with rolled edges to provide additional comfort.
• Y-back construction and bridged front lift:
o Allows for optimal adjustment at each shoulder.
o Provides a secure fit while minimizing pressure from the harness at the neck.
• Constructed with polyester webbing:
o Keeps a supple hand for comfort and easy buckle adjustment.
o Water repellent and UV resistant material for lasting strength and durability in extreme weather conditions.
• Multiple accessory attachment points provide ample space for stowing and organizing hardware and tools.
• Gear loop over-braid is based on a 32-carrier polyester, rope sheath design that delivers a familiar texture and functional robustness.
• Made in the USA of domestic and foreign components.
ATOM Access Features:
• Designed with versatile, low-profile components for technicians working on rope
• Large diameter aluminum D-rings at the waist, sternal and dorsal attachment points keep the harness lightweight, yet allows room for multiple carabiners.
• Steel adjuster buckles are low profile and allow for maximum and efficient adjustment.
• Aluminum side D-rings provide lightweight work positioning attachment points.
• Chest Ascender HC by Climbing Technology comes fully installed with CMC’s ATOM Chest Ascender Kit
o Hard coat anodization resists wear, steel cam resists wear and tear
o Unique integrated design centers unit for efficient rope ascent and enables replacement.
• Molded gear loops with high impact, cold resistant, polypropylene core provide easy gear stowage and retrieval.
• Four Tool Loops: Two at the rear waist and one at each leg pad for additional gear stowage.
• Workseat attachment points located at the waist to connect the CMC Skysaddle™.
• Certified to relevant CE, NFPA 1983 (2017 ED), ANSI Z359.11 and CSA standards. Class III Life Safety Harness.