Technical Rope Rescue Specialist
The Technical Rope Rescue Specialist course is for rope technicians ready to hone in on the complexities of rigging.
This specialized workshop focuses on highlines, monopods and A-frames, and the physics behind these advanced techniques.
Technical Rope Rescue Specialist Course Details
4 days (30 hours)
4 days outdoors (both structural and natural terrain)
Minimum 6. Maximum 8.
- 18+ years of age
- In good physical conditions
- Technical Rope Rescue Technician
Repeat the entire course at a 15% discount every three years
- Annual Training Maintenance
- Required Equipment
- Full body harness (Type III or V)*
- Climbing or rescue helmet*
- Sturdy boots (tactical boots or hiking boots are fine, steel toes not required)
- Pants made of durable material
- Gloves with leather palms (work gloves are fin
*Rental included in course fee
- Takeaways & Documentation
- Rope field guide
- One 10 metre piece of cord for prussiks
- Personalized skill sheet (training record) signed by the instructor (valuable document for risk management)
- Registration of training record in Rescue 3 International’s database
- Certificate of Completion
- Rescue 3 ID Card
TRR Specialist Course Outline
- Advanced Multipods, including monopods and A-frames
We only offer this as a private course
Our private training courses ensure personalized hands-on training through human-based scenariosPrivate Courses
If you have a group that would like to review their training together, the training maintenance program may be right for you.
Your group pays the instructor’s daily teaching fee and travel costs associated with bringing the instructor to your training location, along with an annual fee to be part of the maintenance program. This is generally a pretty reasonable approach for training departments because:
- it allows us to deliver the training in small chunks every year, rather than in one big chunk every three years
- it gives department members more annual hands-on time with their skills
- new members can integrate into maintenance programs by jumping on an open course from our public schedule
We track your members, and their status on course content completion within a three year cycle, which mirrors a traditional three year recertification cycle. It’s an excellent value for the cost, and allows you to review your skills in your own backyard.
The training maintenance program replaces the need to recertifiy your training on a traditional three year recertification cycle.
Sorry – there’s no individual audit program available for this course.