Tactical Rappel Master
Tactical Rappel Master is intended for tactical personnel who will be responsible for establishing high angle safety systems for tactical operations and training.
Students will learn how to manage team high angle equipment, safely conduct training, and rapidly set up high angle insertion and rescue options under operational conditions.
This is a personal skills course intended for law enforcement officers or military personnel working within an established high angle program.
Tactical Rappel Master Course Details
½ day classroom, 4 ½ days practical
Minimum 8. Maximum 12.
- 18+ years of age
- In good physical condition
- Member of an established HRT and EFE capable high angle team
- Tactical Rappel Operator EFE
Repeat the entire course at a 15% discount every three years
- Required Equipment
- Seat harness
- Climbing or rescue helmet*
- Sturdy boots (tactical boots or hiking boots are fine – steel toes are not required)
- Pants made of durable material
- Gloves with leather palms (work gloves are fine)
*Rental included in course fee
- Takeaways & Documentation
- Personalized skill sheet signed by the instructors
- Certificate of completion
Tactical Rappel Master Course Content
- Releasable rappel systems
- Acsending skills
- Vehicle rigging systems
- Rigging in unconventional/austere anchor environments
- Difficult dispatch
- Raising and lowering systems
- Operator rescue techniques
- Tactical rope leadership, pre-planning and tactics
- Load transfers
- Knot passes
- Hazard and risk assessments
- Improvised harnesses
We only offer this as a private course
Our private training courses ensure personalized hands-on training through human-based scenariosPrivate Courses
If you have a group that would like to review their training together, the training maintenance program may be right for you.
Your group pays the instructor’s daily teaching fee and travel costs associated with bringing the instructor to your training location, along with an annual fee to be part of the maintenance program. This is generally a pretty reasonable approach for training departments because:
- it allows us to deliver the training in small chunks every year, rather than in one big chunk every three years
- it gives department members more annual hands-on time with their skills
- new members can integrate into maintenance programs by jumping on an open course from our public schedule
We track your members, and their status on course content completion within a three year cycle, which mirrors a traditional three year recertification cycle. It’s an excellent value for the cost, and allows you to review your skills in your own backyard.
The training maintenance program replaces the need to recertifiy your training on a traditional three year recertification cycle.
Sorry – there’s no individual audit program available for this course.