Swiftwater Recovery Specialist
No public dates available
Consider a private booking
With a curriculum designed by international experts from Rescue 3, this two-day Swiftwater Recovery Specialist course is specially designed for those already certified to the Swiftwater Rescue Technician level.
It explores the complexities and techniques of body recovery from shallow depth swiftwater environments.
Swiftwater Recovery Specialist Course Detail
2 days (16 hours)
Classroom (½ day), field training (1 ½ days)
Minimum 10. Maximum 12.
Repeat the entire course at a 15% discount every three years
- Annual Training Maintenance
- Required Equipment
If you intend to participate in the scenario-based components of the course:
- Drysuit or wetsuit* Personal flotation device (Type III or V)
- Water-sports helmet*
- Neoprene gloves (optional)
- Neoprene footwear with a good walking sole or running shoes
- Layers of wool or fleece clothing for under the drysuit/wetsuit including shirt, pants, socks
* Rental equipment available.
- Takeaways & Documentation
- Manual: Swiftwater Recovery Specialist
- Personalized skill sheet signed by the instructor
- Registration of training record in Rescue 3’s international database
- Wallet card with personal Rescue 3 registration number
- Certificate of completion
Swiftwater Recovery Specialist Course Outline
Classroom & Field
- Legal authorities and roles
- PPE and hygiene
- Infectious diseases
- Decomposition considerations
- Chain of evidence
- Disaster victim identification
- Managing the community and family
- Cultural/socio-economic considerations
Classroom & Field
- Managing the media
- Psychological impacts and critical stress debrief
- Specialist equipment
- Subject location techniques
- Swiftwater recovery Incident Command
We only offer this as a private course
Our private training courses ensure personalized hands-in training through human-based scenariosPrivate Courses
If you have a group that would like to review their training together, the training maintenance program may be right for you.
Your group pays the instructor’s daily teaching fee and travel costs associated with bringing the instructor to your training location, along with an annual fee to be part of the maintenance program. This is generally a pretty reasonable approach for training departments because:
- it allows us to deliver the training in small chunks every year, rather than in one big chunk every three years
- it gives department members more annual hands-on time with their skills
- new members can integrate into maintenance programs by jumping on an open course from our public schedule
We track your members, and their status on course content completion within a three year cycle, which mirrors a traditional three year recertification cycle. It’s an excellent value for the cost, and allows you to review your skills in your own backyard.
The training maintenance program replaces the need to recertifiy your training on a traditional three year recertification cycle.
Sorry – there’s no individual audit program available for this course.