Rescue From Vehicles In Water
No public dates available
Consider a private booking
Rescue From Vehicles In Water explores the advanced swiftwater and technical rope rescue techniques necessary when responding to incidents involving vehicles in moving water.
The curriculum includes vehicle behaviour, vehicle stabilization, and risk mitigation, as well as access techniques and casualty extrication. It features a secure in-water training vehicle in a controlled river environment for a realistic learning experience.
This advanced course is specially-designed for those already certified to the Swiftwater Rescue Technician level. It was developed by Rescue 3 International and offered for the first time in Canada in September 2012.
Meets and exceeds NFPA 1670 and 1006 requirements as well as Canadian WCB and OHS standards.
Rescue From Vehicles In Water Course Details
1 day (8 hours)
Based in a controlled river environment
Minimum 10. Maximum 12.
- 18+ years of age
- Basic swimming ability
- In good physical condition
- Current SRT 1 or SRT Advanced certification (or equivalent)
Repeat the entire course at a 15% discount every three years
- Annual Training Maintenance
Click here to read about the options available for annual guided practice
- Required Equipment
- Drysuit or wetsuit*
- Personal flotation device (Type III or V)*
- Water-sports helmet*
- Neoprene gloves (optional)
- Neoprene footwear with a good walking sole, wading boots, or running shoes
- Head lamp
- Layers of wool or fleece clothing for under the drysuit/wetsuit including sweater, pants and socks
* Rental equipment available
- Takeaways & Documentation
- Field Guide: Rescue from Vehicles in Water
- Personalized skill sheet signed by the instructor
- Registration of training record in Rescue 3’s international database
- Certificate of completion
Rescue From Vehicles In Water Course Outline
- Theory of in-water vehicle behaviour
- Hazard assessment
- Vehicle stabilization & risk mitigation
- Vehicle stabilization
- Access techniques
- Casualty extrication techniques
We only offer this as a private course
Our private training courses ensure personalized hands-on training through human-based scenariosPrivate Courses
If you have a group that would like to review their training together, the training maintenance program may be right for you.
Your group pays the instructor’s daily teaching fee and travel costs associated with bringing the instructor to your training location, along with an annual fee to be part of the maintenance program. This is generally a pretty reasonable approach for training departments because:
- it allows us to deliver the training in small chunks every year, rather than in one big chunk every three years
- it gives department members more annual hands-on time with their skills
- new members can integrate into maintenance programs by jumping on an open course from our public schedule
We track your members, and their status on course content completion within a three year cycle, which mirrors a traditional three year recertification cycle. It’s an excellent value for the cost, and allows you to review your skills in your own backyard.
The training maintenance program replaces the need to recertifiy your training on a traditional three year recertification cycle.
This is an option to audit, or participate in a course for which you already hold a current certification – at no charge.
Take a look at our upcoming course schedule online and find a course location and time that works for you. Email or call us to sign up as an audit. Show up and take the course. It’s that simple.
Free audits do not extend your certification period in any way, but this is a great way to re-fresh your skills on a regular basis, in a safe, controlled environment with a qualified, insured instructor.