Ice Rescue Awareness
No public dates available
Consider a private booking
This 4-hour Ice Rescue Awareness classroom session is geared toward those who supervise emergency responders who respond to incidents on surface ice including frozen lakes, ponds, and rivers.
Participants will be introduced to the due diligence and risk management required for this high risk environment, and understand the various training levels for rescue personnel. The course identifies hazards associated with surface ice and introduces the techniques and equipment that can be used to reduce the risk.
Ice Rescue Awareness Course Details
Minimum 10. Maximum15.
Repeat the entire course at a 15% discount every three years
- Annual Training Maintenance
- Required Equipment
- Takeaways & Documentation
Certificate of Completion
Ice Awareness Course Details
- Rescue 3 philosophy
- WCB, legal responsibility and due diligence
- Training levels linked to job requirements
- Factors affecting ice formation and strength
- Walking and driving on ice
- Personal safety equipment
- Self rescue
- On-ice communications
- Low to high risk options for the rescue of others
- Documentation and record-keeping
We only offer this as a private course
Our private training courses ensure personalized hands-on training through human-based scenariosPrivate Courses
If you have a group that would like to review their training together, the training maintenance program may be right for you.
Your group pays the instructor’s daily teaching fee and travel costs associated with bringing the instructor to your training location, along with an annual fee to be part of the maintenance program. This is generally a pretty reasonable approach for training departments because:
- it allows us to deliver the training in small chunks every year, rather than in one big chunk every three years
- it gives department members more annual hands-on time with their skills
- new members can integrate into maintenance programs by jumping on an open course from our public schedule
We track your members, and their status on course content completion within a three year cycle, which mirrors a traditional three year recertification cycle. It’s an excellent value for the cost, and allows you to review your skills in your own backyard.
The training maintenance program replaces the need to recertifiy your training on a traditional three year recertification cycle.
Sorry – there’s no individual audit program available for this course.