No public dates available
Consider a private booking
Fall Protection is intended for any person required to work at a height where fall protection is necessary under provincial occupational health and safety regulations.
This course combines both theory and practical training using current, approved fall restraint and protection equipment. The training includes instruction, demonstration, hands-on and written exercises.
Fall Protection Course Details
Classroom and hands-on exercises
Minimum 10. Maximum 12.
18+ years of age
Repeat the entire course at a 15% discount every three years
- Annual Training Maintenance
- Required Equipment
- Steel-toed boots
- Full body harness with dorsal attachment
- Takeaways & Documentation
- Certificate of completion
- Provincial regulations on fall protection handouts
Fall Protection Course Content
- Definition of fall restraint, fall protection, and fall arrest systems
- Provincial fall protection regulations
- Fall protection hierarchy
- Travel/fall restraint
- Fall arrest
- Control zone and safety monitor
- Ladder safety
- Fall protection equipment, storage, inspection and care of
- Proper connection and anchors
- Fall protection system required calculation
- Fall protection plans
- Rescue and appropriate options
- Fall protection concerns and solutions
We only offer this as a private course
Our private training courses ensure personalized hands-on training through human-based scenariosPrivate Courses
If you have a group that would like to review their training together, the training maintenance program may be right for you.
Your group pays the instructor’s daily teaching fee and travel costs associated with bringing the instructor to your training location, along with an annual fee to be part of the maintenance program. This is generally a pretty reasonable approach for training departments because:
- it allows us to deliver the training in small chunks every year, rather than in one big chunk every three years
- it gives department members more annual hands-on time with their skills
- new members can integrate into maintenance programs by jumping on an open course from our public schedule
We track your members, and their status on course content completion within a three year cycle, which mirrors a traditional three year recertification cycle. It’s an excellent value for the cost, and allows you to review your skills in your own backyard.
The training maintenance program replaces the need to recertifiy your training on a traditional three year recertification cycle.
Sorry – there’s no individual audit program available for this course.