Confined Space Rescue Technician
No public dates available
Consider a private booking
The Confined Space Rescue Technician (CSRT) course covers concepts and techniques to enable small teams to undertake technical confined space rescues.
Both individual and team skills are extensively addressed. This course provides the knowledge and skills necessary to safely and efficiently participate in, and supervise team members in, the performance of a technical rescue into high hazard, complex, IDLH (immediately dangerous to life and health) confined spaces.
Students will learn advanced skills required for team leaders including pre-planning, site management, team leadership, resource management, and incident termination. It is primarily field-based with realistic, hands-on scenarios to allow students to gain confidence in this high risk environment.
This course meets and exceeds NFPA 2500 Technician Level and is in conformance with CSA and provicial OHS.
Confined Space Rescue Technician Course Details
1 day classroom, 3 days confined space simulator or on-site confined space
Minimum 10. Maximum 12.
Repeat the entire course at a 15% discount every three years
- Annual Training Maintenance
- Required Equipment
- Coveralls or durable clothing
- Steel-toed work boots
- Leather palmed gloves (rope glove or work glove)
- Harness (class III or separate chest and sit harness)*
*Rentals included in course fee
- Takeaways & Documentation
- CMC’s Confined Space Entry and Rescue Field Guide
- Personalized Rescue 3 International skill sheet signed by the instructor
- Registration of training record in Rescue 3 International’s database
- Wallet card with personal Rescue 3 registration number
- Certificate of completion
- Rescue 3 ID Card
Confined Space Rescue Technician Course Content
- Rescue 3 philosophy
- Training standards
- Confined space regulations
- Confined space definitions and hazard
- Air monitoring and ventilation
- Use of supplied air systems
- Use of hardline communications system
- Interpretation and completion of confined space harzard assessments, entry permits and rescue plan
- Incident size up
- Anchor systems
- Work restraint
- Fall arrest
- Loads and forces
- Mechanical Advantage
- Lifting and lowering using a pre-installed device
- Passing a knot through a system
- Offsets and deflection
- Use of artifical high directional and multi-pods
- Patient care and packaging
- Advanced litter management
We only offer this as a private course
Our private training courses ensure personalized hands-on training through human-based scenariosPrivate Courses
If you have a group that would like to review their training together, the training maintenance program may be right for you.
Your group pays the instructor’s daily teaching fee and travel costs associated with bringing the instructor to your training location, along with an annual fee to be part of the maintenance program. This is generally a pretty reasonable approach for training departments because:
- it allows us to deliver the training in small chunks every year, rather than in one big chunk every three years
- it gives department members more annual hands-on time with their skills
- new members can integrate into maintenance programs by jumping on an open course from our public schedule
We track your members, and their status on course content completion within a three year cycle, which mirrors a traditional three year recertification cycle. It’s an excellent value for the cost, and allows you to review your skills in your own backyard.
The training maintenance program replaces the need to recertifiy your training on a traditional three year recertification cycle.
Sorry – there’s no individual audit program available for this course