Confined Space Entry & Attendant
No public dates available
Consider a private booking
This 1-day Confined Space Entry & Attendant course will prepare personnel to work safely and efficiently in a confined space – one of the most challenging and dangerous environments in today’s workplace.
It will also prepare personnel to fulfill attendant and standby duties for others working in a NON-IDLH confined space.
Participants will learn to identify confined spaces, assess the hazards, and understand the requirements for entry including documentation, safety equipment, ventilation, and monitoring.
This course complies with provincial worksafe legislation and is compliant with ANSI 117.1 and NFPA 1670.
Confined Space Entry & Attendant Course Details
1 day, split between classroom and confined space (simulator, or on-site space)
Minimum 10. Maximum 12.
Repeat the entire course at a 15% discount every three years
- Annual Training Maintenance
- Required Equipment
- Coveralls or durable clothing
- Steel-toed work boots
- Leather palmed gloves (rope glove or work gloves)
- Harness (Class III)*
*Rentals included in course fee
- Takeaways & Documentation
- Personalized skill sheet signed by the instructor
- Wallet card with date of certification
- Certificate of completion
Confined Space Entry & Attendant Course Outline
Mixed classroom/confined space
- Legislation and standards governing confined spaces
- How to identify a confined space
- Hazard assessments
- Personal protective equipment and breathing apparatus (SCBA or SBA)
- Lockout/tagout procedures
- Ventilation and atmospheric monitoring
- Fall protection
- Safe work procedures
- Written examination
We only offer this as a private course
Our private training courses ensure personalized hands-on training through human-based scenariosPrivate Courses
If you have a group that would like to review their training together, the training maintenance program may be right for you.
Your group pays the instructor’s daily teaching fee and travel costs associated with bringing the instructor to your training location, along with an annual fee to be part of the maintenance program. This is generally a pretty reasonable approach for training departments because:
- it allows us to deliver the training in small chunks every year, rather than in one big chunk every three years
- it gives department members more annual hands-on time with their skills
- new members can integrate into maintenance programs by jumping on an open course from our public schedule
We track your members, and their status on course content completion within a three year cycle, which mirrors a traditional three year recertification cycle. It’s an excellent value for the cost, and allows you to review your skills in your own backyard.
The training maintenance program replaces the need to recertifiy your training on a traditional three year recertification cycle.
Sorry – there’s no individual audit program available for this course.