Raven Rescue Safety Medical is looking for a bright, enthusiastic Part-time Administrative Assistant to join our team. In this position, you’ll support a passionate and driven team that is at the forefront of the Canadian rescue industry.
As a Part-time Administrative Assistant, you’ll be the first face and voice to welcome our clients, whether they’re calling or walking in. And when you’re not actively engaged with a client, you’ll be supporting the coordinators of our public courses, private courses, and safety services divisions.
- Receiving walk-in clients at our head office in Smithers, BC
- Answer phones and direct incoming calls
- Support public, private and safety services coordinators with:
- Filing maintenance and organization
- Travel and accommodation booking for instructors and technicians
- Course paperwork and information data entry and processing
- Course material packing and shipment
Required Soft Skills
- Thoughtful, empathetic communicator
- Proactive organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Practiced juggler of multiple tasks and priorities
- Curious, driven, and eager to learn about the rescue industry
Required Hard Skills
- Google Apps (Drive, Docs, Spreadsheets, Calendar)
- Microsoft office (Word, Excel)
- Apple iWork suite (Pages, Numbers)
Raven’s Work Environment
Our bright and energizing open-concept office in Smithers, BC is the hub for our Canada-wide operations. Our team members attack the day at a standing work stations with iMacs, and visit our kitchen when they need a tea or espresso.
Individual work schedules are thoughtfully crafted to make the most of each person’s skills and capacities. Each of us has our own unique mix of dogs, kids, and outdoor activities (from bike trails and ski runs, to rivers and lakes) that enrich us outside of work – most of our team moved to this mountain town for a reason! Get a glimpse of Smithers here.
This position is currently for 15-20 hours a week. However, there may be potential for this position to grow into a full-time position.
This position starts immediately, with a competitive hourly wage, based on experience.
Be sure you’ve visited our website before applying to learn more about our clients, our instructors and technicians, and the administrative team you’ll be joining.
"*" indicates required fields